Family owned and operated since its inception in 1985, at Longhouse Specialty Forest Products we have provided with the highest quality wood products for over 35 years.
Involved in more than 14,000 projects around the world, our company works with some of the most accomplished professionals in the construction and design industries. All of our custom millwork is completed at our production facility. We sell directly thereby offering savings to contractors.
What We Do
- Preserve the longevity of Vancouver Island’s old growth forests by following sustainable forest procedures.
- Maintain FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council) certification by the Rainforest Alliance since 2007.
- Specialize in Western Red Cedar.
- Work with all interior and coastal softwoods: yellow cypress (cedar), Douglas-fir, Pacific Coast hemlock, and spruce pine fir (SPF).
- Manufacture specialty products: custom cut yellow cedar decking, solid wood flooring, cedar fascia and soffits, different varieties of FSC® certified cedar siding, Japanese grade spruce siding, white oak flooring, and Douglas Fir products.
- Offer pre-staining onsite.
- Also offer Fire-Retardant Treated Wood (FRTW).
- Harvest, mill, and finish all our specialty products on Vancouver Island.
- We’re partnered with The Green Point Project.
- LEED certified.
- Manufacture soffits, fascia, siding, decking, timbers and beams by adhering to the ‘Green Initiative’.
- Retain membership with the Victoria Residential Building Association, Canada Green Building Council, and the Greater Vancouver Home Building Association.
- Belong to the South Island Woodlot Association.
- Offer direct distribution anywhere in the world.
In addition to receiving several awards for products and services in the forest industry, Longhouse recently received the ‘Manufacturer of the Year’ award from the Vancouver Island Construction Association. The ceremony occurred at the 2019 inaugural Awards Gala, organized by VICA. The award payed tribute to Longhouse’s recent project Pacific Centre Family Services Association in Victoria.
Why Choose Longhouse?
- Over 30 years of millwork and forest industry knowledge and experience.
- Sustainable forest practices.
- Global direct distribution.
- Coastal softwood knowledge and skill second to none.