Deck the Home
Most islanders take advantage of their outdoor space as much as possible year-round. Instead of viewing the deck as a separate entity, why not see it as an extension of your home—an exterior living space that expands your enjoyment of the home interior.
After contemplating your budget and maintenance capabilities, decide how you most want to use the deck. Perhaps its mainly for entertainment purposes or in fact a peaceful getaway from the hustle and bustle of life. Inspiration online and here abounds.
20 Deck Ideas for Your Home
Primarily, design a deck that takes advantage of stunning outdoor views. From an ocean vista to a forest panorama, build a deck that allows guests to soak up spectacular views of nature.
- If you or someone in the family is a gourmet chef in the making, why not design a deck with a full outdoor kitchen? With a built-in grill, countertop, cabinets, sink, and fridge outside your back door, you can enjoy eating al fresco at your leisure.
- A spa-themed deck with swimming area, hot tub, and party lights is an excellent choice for stressed out souls. Luxuriate in thick spa towels, overstuffed lounge chairs, and a heavenly outdoor sound system emitting spa music for pure deck hedonism. Hang a hammock just for fun.
- A private deck oasis teeming with potted plants, privacy screens, and oversized outdoor furniture and pillows provides a delicious sanctuary for reading the days away.
- Decide on an open deck for unobstructed views of landscaping or an enclosed deck with railings for safety.
- A covered deck permits entertaining in any weather. A glass enclosed deck or a pergola does the trick nicely.
- A multi-level deck space allows for separate dining, lounging, and hot tub soaking areas.
- Tastefully combined wood and stone decking adds a visual dynamic to your outdoor living space while blending in beautifully with nature.
- Choose to refrain from staining a deck and leave it in its natural state for a more rustic ambience. Alternately, stain a cedar deck in any colour of the rainbow to match the home exterior.
- Raised wood garden beds with wheels are a great addition to decks for garden enthusiasts. They may be moved around your deck for more sunlight or protection from voluminous rains.
- A deck that incorporates a soothing water feature drowns out unwanted noise. Either a water fountain in an attractive container or a rock water wall designed into the deck can provide years of auditory bliss.
- If it’s more intimacy you desire, gather loved ones around a warm fire pit placed in the deck lounging zone.
- Wide stairs provide safe and spacious outdoor walking zones when built strategically around the deck. Deep deck steps also allow room for lush flower containers.
- Additionally, integrate deck lighting along stairs and around landscaping. You’ll feel as if you’re on holiday every time you head out to stargaze.
- Cedar benching built onto the deck adds harmony and extra seating.
- Instead of customary straight edged decking, why not choose curved edges?
- A built-in gazebo or pergola on the deck provides decorators with plenty of options for hanging baskets and ambient lighting.
- For those who adore clean, open spaces, go symmetrical for a structured deck.
- Mix elements of nature by incorporating natural stone walkways or walls with cedar decking.
- Reduce the threat of fire on your deck with Fire Retardant Treated Wood and keep your home and family safe and sound.
Gorgeous coastal softwood cedar is ideal for constructing sustainable, durable decking. Longhouse provides green-friendly Yellow and Western Red Cedar that withstands harsh weather and insects.
Building a deck for your home increases the value and your family’s enjoyment of the home. Furthermore, decks provide a special space for entertaining guests, peaceful relaxation, and even a gardening area for a more self-governing lifestyle.
Depending on what you desire in your outdoor living space, the staff at Longhouse is here to meet your needs. Deck your home in time for the holidays and you may be roasting your holiday dinner on your delightful new deck.